Yumi Kim & Summer Fun in Lexington KY
Bella Rose is proud to add Yumi Kim to its list of exclusive women’s clothing designers to their Downtown Lexington KY boutique. Their long list of designers include Badgley Mischka, Shoshanna, Nicole Miller, Yoana Baraschi, Sara Campbell, Raoul, Milly and more. Yumi Kim’s tops, dresses and rompers adds an array of refreshing floral and flirty styles to the Bella Rose hand-picked collection.
The Yumi Kim brand mixes a New York downtown feel with a California vibe. Designer Kim Phan has an eye for color and prints that has led to an obsessed following. They put a lot of love into each of our colorful and unique pieces to take you from beachside to city streets.
About Yumi Kim
Kim Phan’s story is a classic and inspiring follow-your-heart tale. Arriving in New York City with nothing else but a suitcase in hand and a dream of fashion in mind, Phan set out to make her name known in the fashion and design world she had spent her life admiring. Her eponymous clothing line, (named after both herself and her adorable Yorkshire terrier, Yumi), Yumi Kim quickly took off to become a household name among the young, fun, and savvy.
The brand is influenced by Phan’s own aesthetics; featuring vintage silhouettes spun with a contemporary urban feminine mystique. A flower-child at heart, Phan incorporates floral patterns into her chic designs in an effort to bring out the lightheartedness present in every woman.
“Flowers are so girly and playful,” she explains, “they really accentuate the bright, fun mood I try to channel in my designs. They make every girl feel pretty.” When asked what clothing item every woman needs to own, Phan’s answer is, without question, “the perfect floral dress.”
Sumptuous silk in bold, colorful graphic prints: that’s the primary ingredient of Yumi Kim, NYC fashion designer Kim Phan’s stunning women’s clothing collection. Modern and forward-thinking, yet inspired by vintage silhouettes, Yumi Kim’s dresses, tops, and other designs balance edgy and feminine — think slinky silk halter jumpsuits, striped one-shoulder frocks embellished with rosette appliqués, and boho-chic blouses in turquoise and red.
Stop in Bella Rose to see our Yumi Kim collection, as we are the exclusive retailer of Yumi Kim in the Lexington KY area. Here are some great tops, rompers, dresses and tunics from the 2016 collection:
Late Summer Fun in Lexington KY
It’s not too late to enjoy all that the Summer season has to offer in the Bluegrass! Summer in Kentucky can last into early September with the region’s temperature average at around 80+ degrees, so Yumi Kim is the perfect designer for Summer fun and outdoor events to keep you cool, comfortable and colorful with her fun floral prints. Here are some upcoming events in Lexington KY where what you wear will be essential to enjoying these local Bluegrass traditions:
- Central Bank Thursday Night Live: Bring your friends Downtown at the Fifth Third Pavilion at Cheapside Park for live music, local food and beverage vendors, and the hottest party in town. Until August 25th, event times are 4:30pm – 9:00pm, and from September 1 to October 13th, event times are 4:30pm – 7:30pm. More info: http://www.downtownlex.com/central-bank-thursday-night-live/
- Phoenix Fridays: Live music on August 19th featuring Vandaveer, Nellie Pearl, Ben Lacy & Friends at Phoenix Park, Downtown Lexington from 5:00 to 9:30pm. More info: http://wuky.org/post/wukys-phoenix-fridays-2016
- Lexington Green Lakeside Live: Lakeside Live at The Mall at Lexington Green has launched! Come catch free live music every Friday and Saturday night from 6-9pm now through October 15th. Check the schedule below to see our full line-up. With our beautiful covered dock, fire pit hang out, amazing restaurants and shopping, and fun live music, you’ll want to linger with friends and family. Pets and lawn chairs are welcome, but please leave your coolers at home. For more info: http://www.lexgreenlakeside.com/
- Southland Jamboree: The Southland Jamboree in Lexington, Kentucky is a FREE bluegrass music concert series that happens weekly during the summer in south Lexington. Bring a lawn chair or blanket and enjoy some bluegrass music! Southland Jamboree is on Monday evenings at 7:00pm through the summer until Labor Day, September 5. Food will be served, as well as beer and wine. More info: http://southlandjamboree.org/
- Kentucky Cork, Tap & Barrel: Kentucky Cork, Tap & Barrel celebrates Kentucky made wine, beer, and bourbon in a fun environment that includes live music, concession vendors, and arts & craft vendors. On the Second Friday of the month on August 12th and September 9th, from 5:00 to 9:00pm at the Fifth Third Pavilion at Cheapside Park. Wineries include: Rose Hill Farm Winery, Old 502 Winery, Horseshoe Blend Vineyards & Winery, Forest Edge Winery and Equus Run; Breweries include Kentucky Ale, Country Boy Brewing, West Sixth Brewing, Blue Stallion Brewing Company and Ethereal Brewing Company. More info: http://www.downtownlex.com/kentucky-cork-tap/
- Crave Lexington Food & Music Festival: On August 13-14th at Masterson Station Park in Lexington KY. Now entering its fourth season, Crave Lexington Food + Music Festival is a celebration of “made from scratch,” with a special focus on local food and music. The 2-day event features dozens of food vendors from the region, local spirits and libations and live music from local and regional bands. This free, all-ages and family-friendly event is produced by Smiley Pete Publishing, and also features two days of family activities. More info: https://cravelexington.com/
- Moontower Music Festival: On August 27th at Masterson Station Park in Lexington KY. The third annual Moontower Music Festival features a full day of local and regional musical acts spanning many genres. Organized by Lexington event company LexEffect, this years’ lineup includes Drive-By Truckers, Trombone Shorty, Manchester Orchestra, The Floozies, Chrome Pony and more. Food and beer vendors will be on-site. More info: http://www.moontowermusicfestival.com/