Finding the Perfect dress for the Holidays or New Years
With all the shopping, cooking, cleaning, running to office, school and friends’ holiday parties, we often have very little time to pamper ourselves during the holiday season. So its imperative to find time to take care of ourselves during this hectic time by eating right, exercise moderately everyday and finding the perfect dress to give us that little boost each of us need. With the right dress and accessories, we feel more confident, are more relaxed and able to enjoy the festivities.
How to find the best dress for your body type?
- Got a tall and lean figure, choose a slinky dress with clean, long lines that skim your frame. If you don’t want to wear floor-length, choose midi-length silhouettes.
- If you’re petite, look for mini shifts treated with flirty finishes, like girly tiered ruffles or glam sequins.
- If you have an athletic build, try sleeveless, figure-hugging numbers that put your hard-earned muscles on display, but also encourages curves.
- If you have a curvy shape, try structured fabrics that don’t cling or bunch up and fit-and-flare silhouettes to help carve out an hourglass figure.
- If you have an hourglass shape, look for curve-clinging cuts so you can show off your frame. Offset a ground-grazing length with a plunging neckline. For anything shorter, bring the neckline up.
- If your shape is considered an inverted triangle, dresses with a sweetheart or a plunging neckline to highlight your assets.
- For our beautiful pregnant ladies, look for empire-waist silhouettes with fabrics that glide over your precious bump.
- For help choosing the right dress for you, visit the helpful, knowledgeable staff at Bella Rose who will personally select choices that fit your age, body type, style preference and occasion!
(Tips from InStyle.com)
What are the 2015 Holiday Trends?
It’s not easy picking out the perfect holiday dress from for your family Christmas dinner, to your office party or school parties, to the grand finale at the New Years Eve Bash. So here are a few 2015 Holiday Trends:
- Sequins: Pairing different colored sequins together is the most modern way to wear the glitzy adornment head-to-toe. Modest silhouettes—like a turtleneck and a pencil skirt—are more sophisticated than a slinky dress.
- Feathers: For an elevated approach to feathers, go for a sleek LBD. This dress shows that you’re ready to party, but still a lady. Over-the-knee boots and bar earrings add downtown appeal.
- Velvet: Wear a double dose of velvet with a figure-flattering wrap dress and a pair of not-so-basic pumps. Keep the moody color story going with a gunmetal clutch.
- Metallic: A glistening tuxedo jacket marries sex appeal with menswear. Button it up and wear nothing underneath but a lariat necklace. Create a suit effect with sequin-trimmed satin pants.
- Fringe: A textured fringe shirt brings the wow in an expected way. Let the top do the talking by wearing it with simple black pants or skirt and statement accessories.
- Red: Holidays are the perfect excuse to paint the town red in a fabulous red dress with long sleeves and a short hemline. Accessories with a thin belt and black pumps with a sparkling stiletto heel.
- Pants: We’re entering the year of pants according to Harper’s Bazaar, so its perfectly acceptable to skip skirts for a night on the town in stove pipe-style trousers in luxe black and gold, finished with a stiletto heel and jeweled watch or accessories.
- Bling: Bring out the over-sized glittering jewelry to make your outfit pop such as a glittering knuckle-duster – the bigger, the better.
- Suits: The new LBD is in fact, a suit especially with its a le smoking. Look for tuxedo jackets and slightly flared pants.
- Wings are in: Whether angel or avian-inspired, earrings in wings motifs are setting fashionable hearts a flutter. Wear with a red lip and an updo for evening glamour.
- Slip dresses: Sometimes less really is more, particularly when it involves a slinky mid-length slipdress, a simple ankle-strap sandal, and elegant dangling diamonds.
(Tips from Instyle.com, HarpersBazaar.com, and Vogue.com)
Bella Rose can outfit any woman, of any age, for any event and make her feel beautiful. Stop by and see for yourself, beginning with the handcrafted front display windows, which change weekly.
Come down to Bella Rose for the latest styles in great holiday dresses and outfits from Yoana Baraschi, Nicole Miller, Shoshanna, Sara Campbell, Kay Unger, Teri Jon, Henry & Belle, Edward Achour Paris, and more …